Founder and current CEO, Dave started his career as an apprentice carpenter and joiner.
Dave completed his four year apprenticeship in the carpentry and joinery trade (City & Guilds Craft and City & Guilds Advanced Craft, both passed with credit) serving the first two & a half years with Eden & Clements of Haunch of Venison Yard, London W1. Then arranged himself a football type free transfer via the apprenticeship board to Hammond & Miles of South Woodford, London E18 and started running small projects as a foreman progressing too much larger Berni Inn type total refurbishment as foreman.
Then progressed to office supervisor based work, which varied from major West End supermarket refurbishments, to top quality Porcelain outlets in Baker Street etc. as well as many high end residential properties.
Since starting Cumberland in 1977, Dave has worked on all types of refurbishments including major structural alterations and managed all size of electrical and mechanical sub-contractors working with us. He has developed skills as a business man, which has seen the company negotiate four major UK recessions.
Now in his 40th year at the helm, Dave has always dedicated some of his time to giving back to the industry, Dave currently and has always trained apprentices from the time the Company started.
- Former President and current Board Member of the National Association of Shopfitters. As part of his presidency Dave made huge changes to the National Association and continues to strive to ensure the construction industry is a respected one, aiming to make construction a first choice career.
- Former chairman of the Retail Trust London Ball Committee and continuing committee member for over ten years.
- Lectures and advises design students at the London Metropolitan University, Dave has mentored numerous students and assisted in finding work placements with his vast network of industry contacts.
- As part of his NAS Presidency Dave oversaw and implemented standard terms and conditions which are now used widely throughout the industry.
- Assisted in creating second and third year NVQ’s for woodworking apprentices.
Dave Park, started Cumberland with the aim of championing trade skills and building a company with skills and craftsmanship at its heart and now with the second generation of Directors well established in the business Cumberland continues to go from strength to strength, due to its intelligent approach and core competencies as its foundation.