The Book House on East Hill in Wandsworth, London was originally built in 1888 as the offices of the Wandsworth District Board of Works and, in later years was the home of The Booker Prize and The Book Trust which was started in 1921.
Cumberland were appointed to undertake the soft strip out of the existing internal finishes within all four floors of the premises. All electrical services were disconnected and mechanical services including air conditioning units were correctly de-commissioned and removed. Temporary services were installed for the duration of the soft strip works.
When on site Cumberland found that the teak doors and frames being stripped out could be used on another project we were involved in….The University of London’s MacMillan Hall Restoration project.